The CYT Decathlon Award recognizes exceptional CYT students who have demonstrated a love for theater by pursuing a well-rounded education in the theater arts and who have exhibited a character that is consistent with CYT values.
The Decathlon Award will be awarded to students, aged 16-18, who have met the following requirements, within the past five seasons:
1. Completion of 2 Music Classes*
2. Completion of 2 Dance Classes (must be different styles)*
3. Completion of 2 Drama Classes*
4. Completion of 2 Specialty Classes (Improv, makeup, technical, costume design, audition workshop, etc.)* One week of CYT Middle School/High School Camp may be substituted for one class session.
5. Completion of 2 other Classes, any focus*
6. Participation in good standing for 2 years membership in HYPE or documented 40 hours of community service through church, school or civic organization
7. Participation in a minimum of 10 Productions, at least one as a cast member
8. Participation in a minimum of one Production as a crew member
9. Participation in a volunteer position during 1 CYT Session (such as hair, makeup, concessions, docent, ushers, strike party volunteer, etc.)
10. Completion of a written essay on the topic of CYT values and character. See your Class Coordinator for more details on the essay requirements.
*A completed class means fulfilling the entire session (with one absence allowed). Repeating the same class does not count as two classes.
For more information, contact our Class Coordinator, Bobby at email@example.com