The CYT Decathlon Award recognizes exceptional CYT students who have demonstrated a love for theater by pursuing a well-rounded education in the theater arts and who have exhibited a character that is consistent with CYT values.
The Decathlon Award will be awarded to students, aged 16-18, who have met the following requirements, within the past five seasons:
*A completed class means fulfilling the entire session (with one absence allowed). Repeating the same class does not count as two classes.
- Completion* of 10 CYT Classes
- 2 Music Classes
- 2 Dance Classes (must be different styles)
- 2 Drama Classes
- 2 Specialty Classes (Improv, makeup, technical, audition workshop, etc.) One week of CYT Middle School/High School Camp may be substituted for one class session.
- 2 other Classes, any focus
- Participation in 10 CYT Productions
- At least one as a cast member
- At least one as a crew member
- Participation in a volunteer position during 1 CYT Session (such as hair, makeup, usher, class aid, etc.)
- Participation in good standing for 2 years membership in HYPE or documented 40 hours of community service through church, school or civic organization
- Completion of a written Essay. In 350-500 words, explain how CYT has been impactful in making you the person you are today. What traits, skills, etc. do you hold because of your time with CYT? Who and what from CYT helped develop those characteristics?
If you would like a form to help you keep track of what requirements you have fulfilled, click on the PDF's button on the top right hand corner of this page!
For more information, contact our Class Coordinator, Bobby at email@example.com
Apply for the Decathlon through the link below! Upon completion, your application will be reviewed by CYT HQ and then submitted to your Branch's leadership for verification. Decathlon Awards will be presented at the upcoming CYT EXPO. If a recipient is unable to attend EXPO, the award will be mailed to the Affiliate leadership and will be presented to the recipient at another time.