Important Links & Documents:Oz Rehearsal Schedule
Parent Show Agreement
CYT Dress Code
Policies of Conduct for CYT SA **Please print and sign
Student Volunteer Application
CYT shows are always appropriate for the entire family and are an excellent way to introduce children to the arts at a young age! In addition to producing a Broadway-style musical on stage, our lobby is always bustling with the excitement of a carnival, from a wide selection of refreshments to show-themed souvenirs and enticing raffles!
The Wizard of Oz
Call Backs will be Saturday, April 6 from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
Students can register for an audition time on the first or secong night of class
- Download all Audition and Show forms from website, fill out and bring with you on audition night
- Include two photos with your audition forms
- Prepare a one minute song with accompaniet karaoke cd
- Cast members are limited to only 2 rehearsal conflicts
- Cast members must attend their CYT classes and perform in the showcase
- There is a $5 audition fee
- Auditions are open to family and friends but Callbacks are closed.
Fridays ~ 5:30-8:30pm
Saturday ~ 10:00am-5:00pm
(Schedule Subject to Change ~ Some cast members may not be called to every rehearsal)
Friday, April 12 Full Company ~ Read Through
Saturday, April 13
Friday, April 19
Saturday, April 20
Friday, April 26
Saturday, April 27
Friday, May 3
Saturday, May 4
Friday, May 10
Saturday., May 11
Friday, May 24
Saturday, May 25
Friday May 31
Saturday, June 1
Friday, June 7
Saturday, June 8
MOVE-IN DATE FOR THE BRAUNTEX THEATER
Super Sunday, June 9 ~ 9:00am-2:00pm
(parent volunteers only move sets/tech into The Brauntex)
Rehearsal ~ FULL Company 4:00 – 9:00pm
TECH WEEK AT THE BRAUNTEX
Monday, June 10 Tuesday, June 11 & Wednesday, June 12
Call time each day is 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Wizard of Oz SHOWS (7)
Thursday, June. 13, 2013 at 7:00pm (opening night, call time 4:00pm)
Friday, June 14, 2013 at 10:30am & 7:00pm (call time 8:00am and 4:00pm)
Saturday, June 15, 2013 at 2:00pm and 7:00pm (call time is 11:00am)
Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 3:00pm and 7:00pm (call time is 12:00pm)
Mandatory Parents Meeting 1:00-3:00pm
April 13th & May 18th!
1. Reserve seats at the show - a dramatic exposure to literature
2. Request a Docent visit for your classroom. Docents will explain more complex aspects of live theater to your students, often bringing actors from the production with them!
3. Request the Study Guide for in class use. " Little Mermaid Jr." Study Guide will be LInked Here SOON
4. Bring your students to the historic Brauntex Theater in New Braunfels, Texas,
for a live theater performance that will bring the stories to life.
5. Get group pictures with the Characters of the show after the show!